Springfield High School’s dance team tryouts are scheduled to be held on Tuesday, October 27th from 3-6 PM on the JROTC deck. Tryouts are open to any Springfield High School student interested in being a part of this year’s team. Dance styles include Pom, Jazz, and Hip hop. Athletes may choose to participate in all or select dance styles once making the team. An informational meeting will be held for athletes via Google Meet on Monday, October 19th at 5:15 PM (https://meet.google.com/quo-kkur-dyw).
Some important reminders for those who plan on attending tryouts:
- Athletes need to have an updated physical on file with the Athletic Office
- Current year forms can be accessed here: https://ohsaaweb.blob.core.windows.net/files/Sports-Medicine/PPE_2020-21.pdf
- Athletes and parents need to have created a FinalForms account and have all current year forms filled out. For those creating a new account, parents must create their accounts before the athletes. Access FinalForms here: https://springfieldholland-oh.finalforms.com/
- Athletes must wear masks while inside the building prior to any athletic activity occurring
- Athletes should bring their own water bottles
- Athletes should dress “dance appropriate.” Black leggings/tights and a black t-shirt or tank top are recommended
- Athletes can wear any jazz dance show, sneaker, or tennis shoe for tryouts
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Coach Cantu at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, you can now follow the dance team @dancedevilsshs on both Instagram and Twitter!